The whingeing prison letters that sickened pervert's own family


May 25, 2009
Mirror
Richard Smith



Paedophile Raymond Hewlett sent his family sickening letters from his prison cell, in which he whinged that his young victims were to blame. Bemoaning "this wicked evil world" and desperate to convince relatives he was innocent, the wife-beater claimed he was not at fault before he was jailed for a third time for sex attacks.

In a spidery scrawl littered with grammatical errors, Hewlett wrote to his daughter: "I still feel as though I've been singled out to be tramped on and stamped on like some bloody insect." He even tried to say a girl of 14 he attacked "had complete control of the situation, I just went along with it". And the self-pitying sex beast complained he had been made out as "some sort of monster" and moaned about interfering social workers. Son Wayne, 40, one of four children from Hewlett's first marriage, to Susan Ginley, said yesterday: "He was always in denial over what he had done, as if it was somebody else's fault."

Hewlett was jailed for 18 months in 1972 for sexually assaulting a neighbour's 12-year-old daughter. He then attempted to rape a 14-yearold girl after holding a gun to her head and was caged for four years in 1978. Hewlett was locked up again for six years in 1988 after he kidnapped and assaulted another girl of 14. Daughter Gina, 41, was 20 when Hewlett wrote to her from his cell at Risley remand centre in Warrington, Cheshire, in March 1988.

He said: "I do believe there is a God, there has to be something more than this wicked evil world, what I find hard to grasp is why me? Why when I've got everything I need why when I behave like any other normal person do I have to be destroyed? "What have I done that makes me have to pay over and over again, I still feel as though I've been singled out to be tramped on and stamped on like some bloody insect, tell me am I a human being or not? Well my Darling Daughter I just wish I could have a visit with just you or you and your mum."

In a second letter, Hewlett blames his latest victim, saying of her statement: "She does not describe the interior of the vehicle correctly, but says the seats were black plastic when they were brown cloth. "She said the car was smaller than a Marina with a front like a Chevette, she's got loads either wrong on purpose or just forgotten to mention them, and yet everyone describes her as an intelligent girl, she... goes on to say how calm she was because she never panics, I know she doesn't she even says she was calmer than me, that's because she had complete control of the situation, I just went along with it.

"I seem to be back in the same situation putting my hands up and surrendering, but what's new, I always get sold down the river. I just wish I knew what was going to happen but I think I already know, more jail maybe for a long time, I've lost all faith, truth does not seem important but that's nothing knew. Your Loving Dad xxx

In a third letter while awaiting sentence, Hewlett wrote: "I know I told the truth, when I made my statement to police they were laughing. I didn't find it at all amusing."

In a fourth letter, Hewlett moaned: "Outside of my family I haven't got a friend in the world, even my own brother and sisters have turned their backs on me... it's a good job I've got someone like you, mind you you was always my favourite girl, the only trouble is you grew up but at least your still there, people are trying to make me into some sort of monster but you know different Gina. I've got so much love to give but every time I give it something seems to go wrong."

In a letter from Gartree Prison in Market Harborough, Leics, in September 1989, Hewlett told Gina: "I'd give anything for you to put your arm round me... and say Dad I love you... Kids don't matter in this lousy world, when you love your kids and treat them right you get those Social Services B******* breathing down your neck. Why don't they pick on families that do mistreat kids?"


0 Responses to "The whingeing prison letters that sickened pervert's own family"
 
Return to top of page Copyright © 2010 | Flash News Converted into Blogger Template by HackTutors